Winter in Stowe
We have one of the best winter vacation areas in the world. Experience the beauty and tranquility that winter brings to Stowe. From winter snowmobile vacations to a Ski/Ride Till You Drop holiday at Stowe, Mountainside has it all. With all the beauty Vermont holds we have also been called one of the top 10 romantic vacation spots. One to three bedroom fully equipped condos meet all your needs for the perfect mountain resort winter getaway. The “Ski Capital of the East” is world-renown as one of America’s first ski resorts. Our quaint, snow-laden New England village is home to Mt. Mansfield, Vermont’s highest peak at 4,395 feet.
Downhill Skiing & Snowboarding
Mt. Mansfield features some of the finest skiing and riding east of the Rockies. In addition to an average annual snowfall of 333 inches at the summit, Stowe provides superior snowmaking. In all, Stowe Resort offers 39 miles of trails on 486 acres of terrain for skiers and riders of every level. The new terrain park and half-pipe and a great ski and snowboard school complete the Stowe Mountain Resort package.
Mountainside Resort is also located within an hour’s drive to three other Vermont ski resorts.
- Nearby Smuggler’s Notch, “America’s Family Resort,” connects directly to Stowe Resort via Snuffy’s Trail. Smuggler’s 3 mountains support 1,000 acres of terrain and 67 trails.
- Sugarbush and Mad River Glen are located just a short drive to the south. Sugarbush sports 115 trails while Mad River Glen is legendary for it’s expert to novice terrain.
- To the north, Jay Peak, famous for its glade skiing, receives more natural snowfall than any other eastern ski resort.
Cross Country Skiing
Stowe Village is home to four interconnected cross-country ski centers with New England’s most extensive cross-country network of trails. Stowe offers great variety for the cross-country skier on more than 150 km of groomed and 100 km of backcountry trails. Stowe’s Recreation Path connects the Village center to this network, and these trails also link to the downhill ski trails at Stowe Ski Resort! Click here for more details!
For those wishing to explore at faster pace, try touring the countryside on a snowmobile. Tours and rentals are available at Stowe Snowmobile Tours.
Snowshoeing is a wonderful activity for the whole family. Explore silent snow covered woods and enjoy the beauty of winter in Vermont. Snowshoes can be rented from several places in town and a list of the best snowshoe trails has already been compiled for you! Check out the details here!
Other Things To Do:
- Ice skating, horse-drawn sleigh rides, shopping and antiquing.
- Don’t forget dining! – with over 50 area restaurants offering an amazing variety of cuisine, dining is an attraction in itself!