With Thanksgiving just a month away, it is time to start planning this festive holiday. Whether you’re visiting family in Stowe, or it is your turn to host this year, Stowe has you covered when it comes to entertaining your group. With a wide variety of things you could do, you and your family are sure to experience an unforgettable outing.
- Thanksgiving tends to be right around the time Stowe Mountain Resort opens for business! Fit in your first ski day of the season. Or, for the non-skiers (or boarders), they can experience a one-of-a-kind snowy zipline adventure right at the Mountain.
- Take a scenic hike in the wintry landscapes of Stowe’s nature. Whether your snowshoeing skill level is the Stowe Recreation Path or up the side of Mount Mansfield, you are sure to find the perfect path for you with beautiful views.
- Stowe, at night, Lantern Tours is a 1-hour walking tour around Stowe village. Carry a lantern while taking in the rich history of Stowe and hear about the local ghost stories too! Kids under 10 are free and the rest of the family is very fairly priced making this a perfect addition to your holiday.
- Mountainside Resort condos are perfect for this holiday as the fully equipped kitchens and full dining room make for the perfect preparation of a home-cooked traditional dinner. Turn on our cozy fireplace and enjoy your food with the Green Mountains outside the windows as the perfect backdrop.
- Or many local restaurants usually feature a special classic Thanksgiving meal, buffets, or switch it up and head to get sushi! There are so many options in Stowe for dining on this meal-based holiday.
When you have your perfect Thanksgiving planned sit back and relax until the day arrives… then start on planning your trip back to celebrate a Traditional Christmas in Stowe!!